- Download the SmoothTrack USB tunnel tool.
- Have either iTunes or both "Apple Mobile Device Support" and "Apple Application Support" installed.
- Plug your phone into your PC's USB connection. If you haven't yet, launch iTunes once to make sure it asks for permissions to your phone.
- Launch OpenTrack
- Set its input mode to "UDP" and make sure its port is set to 4242, press "Start".
- If you have not done so, open UDP port 4242 in your firewall (and restart OpenTrack if you made any changes).
- In SmoothTrack on your iOS device, pause the tracking if need be, then in settings tap "Activate USB Connection"
- ONLY NOW run startSTUSB.bat. This should cause you to connect to OpenTrack via USB!
Instructions For Android:
- Enable adb-debugging on your device, instructions here
- Download the open source gnirehtet server (1 MB) and extract it.
- Download Android platform tools (8 MB), and extract the following files to the gnirehtet folder:
- Plug in your Android device via USB - Double-click on "gnirehtet-run.cmd" in your gnirehtet folder
- Your device will ask you whether you want to connect to the VPN connection Gnirehtet is creating for you
- Say OK.
- Press Windows key -> "Command Prompt" -> type "ipconfig" -> find your IPv4 address
- Now start up OpenTrack, set UDP as input (check its port), start up SmoothTrack, enter your IPv4 address + port and hit Start!